My Blog List

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Term Research Paper


Benefits of Social Media

The topic I chose for my term research paper is Social Media and its implications.  My decision to pick this topic was based on the fact that websites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube have become an integral part or our lives today. They have changed the way we think and how we chose to communicate.  But we have to keep in mind that its not due to the social networking sites that our world has changed from how it was like a decade ago, but these social networking websites are a product of those changes.  Websites such as Facebook were created to reduce distance between friends and relatives that do not live near you, but it has evolved into something much bigger than that.  The control ultimately lies in our hands and it is our responsibility to not over expose ourselves and the duty of the government to create laws pertaining to social media and how the content is used.

Social Media has proven to be helpful in many ways.  A few examples are the use of twitter in response to the earthquake in Haiti and the use the use of LinkedIn to find jobs in this economy.  But all is not swell in the social media world as one constantly faces privacy issues and there have been research conducted on how non for profit organizations are not using social media to its best ability. In my paper I have incorporated all these ideas and more arguing my case on whether social media is better or worse than the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment